QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N3734)
This course is designed for:
- Professionals working in a healthcare setting
- Those planning a career in a healthcare setting
- Understand what the area of Infection Control means and its importance for every member of the Healthcare team
- Have a better understanding of the basic principles of infection control and be able to apply standard precautions in relation to infection control
- Be aware of the importance of infection prevention and control in providing a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Be aware of healthcare-associated infection
- Understand their role in the prevention of the spread of infection
- Basic Microbiology
- Principles of Infection Control: standard Precautions and transmission-based Precautions
- Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Health Management: Corporate and Individual Responsibility in relation to Infection Prevention and Control
Assessment:The assessment for this course will be split between a theory-based examination and two assignments which will require students to demonstrate their understanding and application of knowledge acquired during their course.
The course will be delivered over four days. Students will also be required to carry out work experience and will receive additional support from a nursing tutor in order to successfully complete the course and satisfy the assessment criteria.