Who is this course for?
– Carers currently employed in a healthcare setting
– Those planning a career in a healthcare setting who require a formal qualification
– Recognise the personal care needs of clients
– Respond effectively to clients’ individual needs, with their involvement and use of choice
– Acquire practical skills in the area of client personal care
– Maintain a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for clients
– Appreciate the models of care
– Be aware of nursing ethics and etiquette in care situations
– Communicate effectively in ways that are consistent with the carer’s role
Unit 1: Understanding Client Care
Unit 2: Using Equipment
Unit 3: Assisting Skills
Students will have the opportunity to complete a work placement in order to gain practical experience and to complete their learner records for the course.