QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N1356)
This course is designed for:
- Carers currently employed in a healthcare setting who require this training in order to fulfil requirements
- Those planning a career in a healthcare setting who require a formal qualification
- Develop critical awareness of the changing nature of work
- Set achievable goals for work experience
- Utilise learning opportunities presented in the work environment
- Apply work skills to consolidate learning in the vocational area
- Understand how work is planned and organised at different levels
Unit 1: Planning and Preparation
Unit 2: Experience
Unit 3: Review and Evaluation
Assessment will be split between a skills demonstration and theory-based assignments.
Students will be required to carry out extensive work experience (120 hours minimum) in order to successfully complete the course and satisfy the assessment requirements.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be awarded a QQILevel 5 (Component) Certificate in Work Experience 5N1356. Work experience is a compulsory module for the Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339 and Nursing Studies 5M4325.
Having successfully completed this course students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339 or Nursing Studies 5M4325.
- Care of the Older Person
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Care Skills