QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N0690)
This course is designed for the learner:
- Improve their communication skills in the workplace and in an organisational setting
- Acquire communication skills relevant to vocational and personal development
- Acquire the skills and confidence to convey and interpret meaning, in writing, orally and visually
- Develop a critical awareness of communications messages and media
- Develop an awareness of the essential role played by communication in human interaction
- Understand the communicative principles and practices involved in gathering and relaying information
- Explore the use of modern communication and information technology, and its application in personal and vocational life
Unit 1: Listening and Speaking
Unit 2: Reading and Writing
Unit 3: Non-Verbal and Visual Communication
Unit 4: Communications Technology
The assessment for this course will be split between a theory-based examination and written assignments which will require students to demonstrate their understanding and application of knowledge acquired during the course.
On successful completion of the course, the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Communications.
Having successfully completed this course students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339 and Nursing Studies 5M4325. Communications is a compulsory module for both Healthcare Support 5M4339 and Nursing Studies 5M4325.
- Introduction to Nursing
- Care Support
- Occupational First Aid