QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N0758)
This course is designed for:
- Carers working with Older People
- Those planning a career in a healthcare setting who require a formal qualification
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
- Recognise the need for continuing development in care worker, drawing on personal reflection and experience
- Promote good practice and respect diversity in the care setting
- Understand the importance of working effectively as part of a team
- Communicate and deal with people in ways that are consistent with the role of a carer
The course is broken down into 4 units:
Unit 1: Relating to the client
Unit 2: Reflection and Development
Unit 3: Working with others
Unit 4: Working in Care
Students will have the opportunity to complete a work placement in order to gain practical experience and to complete their learner records for the course.
Assessment will be split between students compiling a learner record while on work experience and an assignment to be carried out that is devised by the course tutor.
On successful completion of this course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Care Support 5N0758. Care Support is a compulsory module for Healthcare Support 5M4339 and an optional module for Nursing Studies 5M4325.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Care of the Older Person
- Occupational First Aid