QQI Level 5 (course code: 5N0749)
This course is designed for:
- Carers working in a healthcare or home setting
- Those planning a career in a healthcare setting who require a formal qualification
- Pre- Nursing Students
- Acquire knowledge of the structure and function of the human body
- Recognise the human body as an entity
- Understand the interrelationship between the systems of the body
- Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology
- The Skeletal and Muscular System
- The Circulatory and Lymphatic System
- The Digestive System
- The Respiratory System
- The Nervous and Endocrine Systems
- The Reproductive System
- The Urinary System
- The Skin
The assessment for this course will be split between a theory-based examination and two assignments which will require students to demonstrate their understanding and application of knowledge acquired during the course.
The course will be delivered over 5 days, students are also required to carry out work experience in order to successfully complete the course and satisfy the assessment requirement.
Having successfully completed this course, students will be awarded the QQI level 5 component certificate in Anatomy and Physiology 5N0749.
Students will have achieved one of 8 modules that lead to a QQI level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support 5M4339 and Nursing Studies 5M4325. Anatomy and Physiology is an optional module for Healthcare Support 5M4339 and is a compulsory module for Nursing Studies 5M4325.