Who is this HSA Recognised course for?
This course is for anyone who is required to have such training for work or care-related tasks. It is suitable for those with no previous experience or those who require recertification.
The course is designed to develop the student’s knowledge and application of manual handling and patient lifting and enable them upon completion of the course to adopt best practice manual handling techniques while carrying out their duties.
Method of Delivery
The course will utilise both theory and practical learning which will encourage student participation and feedback and ensure strong knowledge of practical skills.
There will be both a short theory and practical demonstration required in order to successfully complete the course and receive certification.
A certificate of completion, valid for 3 years, is awarded by the Irish Ambulance Training Institute and is fully recognised by the HSA (Health & Safety Authority).
General Course Content Overview
– Describe the law and its application to manual handling as per Health, Safety and Welfare
at Work Act 2005/1989.
– Describe the musculoskeletal system and how it relates to manual handling and patient
– Describe the biomechanics and mechanism of injury relating to manual handling.
– Describe the ergonomics and risk assessment relating to manual handling and patient
– Describe the issues relating to flexibility during manual handling.
– Describe the principles of lifting.
– Identify and emphasise the importance of good communication during manual handling
Our instructors are mobile and can travel to deliver a course to groups on-site at any location nationwide.