There will be both a short theory and practical demonstration required in order to successfully complete the course and receive certification.
A certificate of completion, valid for 3 years, is awarded by the Irish Ambulance Training Institute and is fully recognised by the HSA (Health & Safety Authority).
General Course Content Overview
– Describe the law and its application to manual handling as per Health, Safety and Welfare
at Work Act 2005/1989.
– Describe the musculoskeletal system and how it relates to manual handling and patient
– Describe the biomechanics and mechanism of injury relating to manual handling.
– Describe the ergonomics and risk assessment relating to manual handling and patient
– Describe the issues relating to flexibility during manual handling.
– Describe the principles of lifting.
– Identify and emphasise the importance of good communication during manual handling
Our instructors are mobile and can travel to deliver a course to groups on-site at any location nationwide.