Who is this course for?
This course is designed to provide the learner with the understanding, knowledge and practical skills required to provide and coordinate first aid in the workplace in compliance with the requirements of the HSA and PHECC.
Chain of survival (Adults, Infants & Children)
- The four major threats – Heart Attack, Stroke, Cardiac Arrest, Foreign body airway obstruction
- AED -(Automated External Defibrillator) use
- Incident Management
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Patient Assessment
- Injury management and shock
- Care of an unconscious patient
- Burns and Electrical injuries
- Common Medical Emergencies