The assessment for the course will be split between theory examinations and practical skills demonstrations or OSCE’s.
This course is accredited by PHECC (Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council), certificates awarded are outlined below:
– PHECC Cardiac First Response Certificate*
– PHECC Emergency First Responder Certificate
*The first day of this course covers Cardiac First Response, it is necessary to complete this before the Emergency First Responder course. If you are a PHECC certified Cardiac First Responder you are exempt from this day of the course.
General Course Content Overview
Below are just some of the topics covered in this course:
– Cardiac First Responder
– Introduction to EMS
– Medical, Legal and Ethical issues
– Lifting and Moving Patients
– The Respiratory System
– Patient Assessment
– The Cardiovascular system including professional rescuer CPR
– Childbirth, Paediatric and Geriatric Emergencies
– EMS Operations, preparing for a call and guidelines for response
– Special rescue and supplemental skills such as blood pressure and oxygen administration
Our instructors are mobile and can travel to deliver a course to groups on site at any location nationwide.
Upcoming Course Dates:
Book onto this course: